Fab Lab ULB Theme
LicenseAttribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
About this template
It was designed to be :
- easy to maintain by “not-computer-people”, MarkDown-based.
- fast : Hugo was selected after an interesting discussion with Kris in Amsterdam during the Fab Lab Instructor Bootcamp and some tests and comparisions on the static websites generators on jamstack
- filled with features (see below)
This website template supports :
- A LaTeX-like style largely inspired by LaTeX Now and adapted by NDC, using the iconic Latin Modern fonts family.
- Bootstrap, an fast a responsive framework for building websites.
- Font Awesome, to integrate fancy and beautiful icons easily
- MathJax, to render LaTeX code in HTML (allows equations display)
- QRCodeJS was used to generate QRCode on-the-fly on each page
- Direct HTML code in MarkDown documents
Style and Color code
- Fab Lab ULB orange(#ff581c) is part of our identity, quite pushed by Victor Levy.
- ULB blue(#004b93) and light blue(#b1c1e5) come from the official ULB logo.
- Latin Modern and Latin Modern Sans have been used to give a readable look, close to that of scientific and technical publications. The choice of using serif fonts (for titles) and sans fonts (for text) was inspired by Wikipedia’s style.
- Kris was a great help to build the first skeleton (basic automated menu) and show me the first steps to get into Hugo.
- The dropdown menu was inspired from https://bootsnipp.com/snippets/4qgR
- The “copy code” button was inspired by https://digitaldrummerj.me/hugo-add-copy-code-snippet-button/ and adapted by NDC.